#NerveStimulation to Treat #Depression

A new approach for treating depression may prove to be beneficial where as many as 4-drugs have failed. Vagus nerve stimulation was approved by the FDA in 2005 and it’s really earning its stripes today, says a new study.

The vagus nerve starts in the brain and runs-down the spinal cord to the chest and abdomen.  It’s primary function is to relay messages to the body and back again. It runs in both directions. When a person is stressed. anxious, or living an unhealthy lifestyle, the efficiency of the vagus nerve is impaired.

Stimulation of the vagus nerve was shown to mitigate depression that was untreated with a cocktail  of prescription anti-depressants. If you’re not ready to stop-in to your local mental health professional implant, try this simple exercise to stimulate your vagus nerve.

Truth be told, most people are living with severe depression. People who underwent this vagus nerve stimulation in combination with their prescribed anti-depressant medication were shown to improve. However, a few intentional breaths and an eye lifting smile never hurt anybody. What have you got to lose?

Dip a Stick for Diabetes is a 501(c)(t3) nonprofit organization with the mission to encourage early diabetes detection to reduce diabetes complications. Until there’s a cure – early detection is our best bet. Do you have high blood sugar? Dip a stick and see! Hold a fundraiser, shop Amazon or donate to us on PayPal.

About Allie Beatty

Allie's Voice is where I put my thoughts on health news. I have Type 1 diabetes but I talk about things that apply to everybody. Reach me on Twitter @AlliesVoice. Subscribe for free to Allie's Voice weekend e-news to support the nonprofit, Dip a Stick® for Diabetes. Learn more at www.dipastick.org.
This entry was posted in allie beatty, allie's voice, allies voice about diabetes, consulting, depression, diabetes, diabetes consulting, Dip a Stick for Diabetes, nonprofit and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to #NerveStimulation to Treat #Depression

1. Like says:

Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.

2. Angel says:

Very nice blog post thank you for sharing

3. It is in reality a great and useful piece of info. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

4. Neal Johnson says:

Inhalable Sleep Aid by Nutrovape is nicotine free and is highly effective on insomnia. It is produced under authentication in the USA and can be considered as the best alternative for sleeping pills. It doesn’t harm the body much and works only with some hormones to relieve a headache.

5. raj says:

It is a good article. Here I also explain some details about Gastroesophageal reflux disease. ( GERD) also known as acid regurgitation is a digestive disorder occurs when stomach acid flows back into the esophagus by this the lining gets irritated. http://www.livehomeo.com/treatments/homeopathy-treatment-for-gerd/

6. jordan shoes says:

I抎 need to examine with you here. Which is not something I normally do! I enjoy studying a put up that can make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for allowing me to comment!

7. Together with every little thing which appears to be developing within this particular area, many of your perspectives are actually somewhat stimulating. On the other hand, I beg your pardon, but I do not give credence to your entire theory, all be it stimulating none the less. It appears to us that your opinions are generally not totally validated and in fact you are generally your self not really fully confident of the assertion. In any case I did enjoy reading it.

8. John Wick says:

It is in reality a great and useful piece of info. Thanks for sharing.